Question: Getting birth control in Argentina

circe2198 - Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:26 am

I am currently taking Brevicon and I am living in Argentina for the rest of the year. The pharmacies that I have gone to here do not have Brevicon nor does it seem that they have anything with the same active ingredients. Can you tell me what kind of birth control I could buy in Argentina that is at least similar to Brevicon?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:29 pm

You should look for low-dose monophasics. Brevicon contains 35 mcg of ethinyl estradiol and 0.5 mg. norethindrone. You could ask a pharmacist for a recommendation that meets this criteria if you want the prescription to be similar in action, etc. But, you could probably try almost any pill unless you have a specific reason for this particular one. Many people change brands and formulas without problems.

|