News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Very Low HCG for 6 weeks

cristinaadela - Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

My story:TTC for 2.5 yars
dec 25 -LMP(NO pregnancy test done)
dec 8-jan 1 -clomid
jan 5 -blood test-hcg 34(my dr think am pregnant in 6 w)
jan 7-hcg 35
jan 10-hcg 37
jan 13-hcg-50
she recomanded one more hcg level jan 15, metotrexat jan 16.
I am confuse, can I be pregnant after clomid?
What chance to be ectopic?
If tubal pregnancy how big HCG have to be to rupture my fallopian tube?
I want to wait more , do you thik it is wise.
Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm

User avatar Hello,
HCG levels alone cannot answer your questions. There are parameters that help diagnose pregnancy vs miscarriage but if there is implantation in the fallopian tube (ectopic) the lab value alone will not diagnose it. These are just part of the whole picture. In a pregnancy, the values typically double every couple of days; otherwise it is likely not a viable pregnancy but sometimes only time can tell since some women have lower levels. The pattern is the most significant part and that is why your doctor is recommending another test.

I'm not understanding your question about clomid. Of course you can be pregnant on it since that is the purpose for which it is prescribed. But, the HCG levels are not looking like you are pregnant now. I would follow the advice of your physician who has the advantage of your health history and physical exam. Sometimes ectopic is diagnosed by ultrasound; often pain is what alerts you to seek help.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here