Question: MENSTRUAL CYCLE

GIRLY - Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:58 am

I have a question....I need to know what is my next step/what could be the problem :?: My October cycle was October 5-9 (2004), November 5-8 (2004) but I didn't have any cramping and my cycle was very very light (abnormal), I also came on on the November 20-25 (2004) and this was a normal cycle. But I haven't seen anything for the month of December. In the beginning to the mid month of December I had slight pain in my side (which I thought may be my ovulation period). I have taken a home pregency test yesterday and it was negative. Could it be that because I came on twice in November that I wont be coming on no more until January :?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:39 am

User avatar Hi GIRLY,
It sounds like your menstrual cycles are quite irregular.Keep in mind that stress among other things can alter a cycle. Since you have taken a pregnancy test and it has come back negative I would be more inclined (providing it wasn't to soon to tell) to believe that it is delayed do to other causes than pregnancy.If it is related to stress you should have a cycle with in the next week. If by chance you don't you may want to repeat the pregnancy test. Regardless if this comes back negative again, contact your healthcare provider for an evaluation.
 GIRLY - Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:19 am

Thanks for the feedback but thats the thing my cycles are never irregular, they always come around the same time always. November was the only difference. I was thinking maybe it was to early to detect, because I didn't take the test with the first urine in the morning. For the past two weeks I have been having little dizzy/nausea spells (I was thinking maybe I needed to eat something). My breasts were a little tender a week ago but now they are fine. Could there be a serious health problem if my cycle keeps up this pattern of coming on and off?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:28 am

User avatar GIRLY,
When doing a pregnancy test always try to use the first morning urine. The hormone that's present during pregnancy is detected more easily then. If your periods remain irregular, and you are not pregnant, I wouldn't automatically think that it's a serious health problem, more like possibly a hormone imbalance. But in any case it would still warrant an evaluation to rule out any anomolies.
 GIRLY - Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:35 am

So do you think I should wait until the new year before I make a doctors appointment? :roll:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:55 am

User avatar GIRLY,
In my opinion, I would give it at least 1 more week, if you don't start your cycle by then, repeat the pregnancy test and make an appointment with your healthcare provider.
 GIRLY - Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:58 am

Ok and in the meantime do I need to be cautious on the different cold medicines I take?

Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:02 am

User avatar GIRLY,
yes, until pregnancy can be definitely ruled out you should be careful with any medications :)
 dayjah - Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:57 pm

:cry: :( :?: :? :? hi my name is Chadejah and i had my cycle april 6-12 and now april 17-23.what am i suppose to think?am i pregent or what?im scared because i was with my boyfriend but we didnt do it because it hurted to bad and i am a virgin.i don't think he had a condom on.every since then ive been down and out of it. im thinkin and hoping its just stress because hes made me very stressed out and im goggling prom and pressure from teachers and students plus my bestfriend just moved away a few months ago but we still keep in touch.please doctors i need help.i havent talk to my mom about it yet because shell fell betraded
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:35 am

User avatar Hi dayjah,
It sounds like you did not actually have intercourse.....is this correct? It appears that you are over stressed with all of the pressures of school and related activities and it would not likely be from pregnancy.
 kearston_18 - Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:14 pm

I've had regular cycles each month but this month Something is wrong I started july 23rd-31 and was very heavy the entire time and it was longer than usual! Then I started back up on the 1st and I haven't stopped bleeding but it is not that heavy but I still need a pad I also had the flu over the 8th-11th of aug and still have a nasty side ache (middle portion of my stomach on the right side) it hurts to even breath deeply! I'm 23 in good health also not sexually active with men!! Should I go to the doctor to get this all checked out? Honestly what is going on with me? I don't think it is stress but I do smoke and drink and want to get on with my life... :cry:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:58 am

User avatar Hi kearston_18,
Many conditions may cause alterations in menstrual cycles such as hormone imbalances, thyroid dysfunction, uterine abnormalities (for example, endometriosis, fibroids-benign tumors), ovarian cysts, etc., etc. I would suggest an evaluation to identify the causative factor.

|