News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Yaz & Period Regulation

CB27 - Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 am

I am 25 and have been taking Yaz for acne for the last 7 months. I keep getting my period about 7-10 days before the active pill ends (yaz only has 4 sugar pills). My period is coming about every 25-30 days but I get it early before the sugar pills start, then it switches from light-moderate throughout the pill days and then a little more heavier for the sugar pill days. Basically b/c I consistently get my period early (or it hasn't been regulated well enough to the pill cycle) I keep having about 2 week periods. What should I do to help regulate my period so it matches up with the Yaz sugar pill days? Should I stop and go directly to the sugar pills next month when I get my period so it can 'restart' in a sense and my period will be on track with sugar pills and thus not be so long. (I am not sexually active, so there is no risk in getting pregnant). Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 pm

User avatar Hello,
You should take the pill as directed, regardless of the periods and/or breakthrough bleeding. But, you should notify your prescribing physician in case he/she wants to change the formula of pill you are using. While this is a common technique for regulating periods it does not always work perfectly.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here