Question: Bubble near anus

xtremeangel - Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:44 am

I recently had anal sex for the first time and the next day i noticed a dime size bubble next to the anus entrance. what is it? is it serious? should i go to my doctor?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I wonder if it could be a hemorrhoid. This is one of the risks with anal sex and possible trauma to the tissues. Can you gently push it back into the rectum itself? Usually hemorrhoids can be manipulated this way since they are protruding enlarged veins from the inside of the rectum. If this is the case, it is not serious but could become painful and worsen if you have a tendency toward them, especially if you become constipated and strain with stooling. Rest, sitz baths, and ointment with moistened pads such as Tucks will help reduce the swelling.

If you are still wondering and it does not sound like hemorroids you should have a doctor evaluate it.

|