Question: I am 13 weeks and about 4 days and took tramadol

krissymason05 - Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 am

I took some tramadol about 2 pills a day for the past 2 days. The last time i took some was last night this morning i felt very nauseous i threw up right after i ate some oatmeal and not im thowing up white foamystuff . Is this from the medicine and could there be a chance i harmed the baby?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:21 am

No, this would not harm the baby. If I understand this correctly, it is acetaminophen, which is considered safe in pregnancy. You need not worry. If you are alarmed by package inserts which recommend you not use in pregnancy unless the doctor orders it, that is because we do not test drugs on pregnant women and the manufacturer must post that warning and cannot claim safety. It does not mean it is dangerous to the baby.

|