News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: uterine fluttering...possibly pregnant?

mattayla - Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 am

I have been having abnormal periods since the beginning. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests within 3 months and all have come back negative. i have looked up pregnancy symptoms on the computer many times and on a list of 10 i have 7 including 1 that i didn't even know was possible. here are some of my weird findings:

nausea w/o vomiting
    slight non painful cramping
    abdominal fluttering lasts for no more than a couple of seconds
    harder to pass a bowel movement but not constipated
    aureole are a different color but breasts don't hurt
    always hungry and thirsty. rarely full and never can quench my thirst
    constant urination
    lower back pain
    lightheaded but no fainting
    constant headaches that i have never had before
    excessive acne used to have a clear face
    i was a smoker but can no longer stand the taste of any cigarette
    i used to love ranch but now i can no longer stand the taste
    all i want is onions pickles mustard and mayonnaise on bread
    last but not least i have a metallic taste in my mouth like having a coin or sometimes it kind of tastes like blood but i check and i am not bleeding.

i thought i got my period close to usual but since october i have noticed twice i had a few light spots and it lasted no more than a half an hour. it is really weird and is there a reason?

Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 am

User avatar Hello,
The hard thing about pregnancy prediction is that the symptoms you describe could be related to pregnancy or a wide variety of other conditions - even normal hormonal fluctuation, thyroid or other endocrine disorders, etc. All you can do is take tests to see if you are pregnant.

Fluttering is not a symptom of early pregnancy but more likely GI related. Bowel changes could be related to dietary intolerances or sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.

You might consider having a blood (serum) pregnancy test which can be more accurate because it is more sensitive and some women's hcg levels are not as high early on.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here