News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: temporary infertility

Alka - Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm

I am 36 years old.I got married in Nov2005.I miscarried 3 times (May2006,August2006 & May2007. Everytime foetus didnt get heartbeat and D&C was done all the three times around 8 weeks of pregnancy.After third miscarriage,my doctor advised LIT and it was done 15 times till Oct.2007.Since then I have not conceived. We tried one attempt of IVF in Nov2008.Three embryos were transferred but I dint get pregnant and the doctor told that the reason of IVF failure could be fragmented embryo. Anyhow, now I am on Hyponidd(2 tablets each with breakfast & dinner), Loprin-75(1 tablet a day) & Sysfol(1 tablet) to cure harmonal imbalance which may be causing temporary infertility acc. to my doctor. Also, I take 1 Thyrox 50 everyday because thyroid was detected 1 year back but has been normal after taking thyrox. I do pranayam(yoga) for 45 minutes every morning.My husband's semen count and motility is good according to reports. He is 44 years old. We don't have any kid till now. We have undergone uncountable tests from time to time prescribed by highly reputed & experienced doctors & we have strictly followed their advice & treatment everytime. All this cost very high yet it has not yielded any positive result and we are totally emotionally drained out.My HSG is normal and follicular study is also normal.What could be the possible reason of not conceiving for the last more than 18 months? Is there any need of IVF at all in my case as I conceived easily and naturally 3 times?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:00 am

User avatar Hello
Unfortunately the cause of infertility or the inability to carry a child to term is often never known. You are doing everything possible and in some cases, all things come together and the couple is finally able to have a baby. IVF is probably your best option but granted, this is expensive and still risky for failure, especially if hormones are keeping your uterus from sustaining a pregnancy.

If becoming a parent is your main goal, perhaps you should start an adoption procedure. This does not mean you must stop trying for pregnancy but it might help you to feel more optimistic about your future family possibilities.

Good luck.
 Alka - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello Debbie

Thanks a lot for giving us a ray of hope.
I agree with you and my doctors that harmonal problem may be the reason for not sustaining the pregnancy. what according to you is the solution or treatment of this problem ?

Alka

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here