News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pain on my wife's stich line after 3 months of Caesarian.

nuppe - Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 am

Its been close to 3 months since her elective C-section (after 38 weeks of pregnancy), but my wife still is experiencing pain on her stich line (the horizontal stapler stiches). This is our 2nd baby, with the first being the normal delivery one. She didn't notice that much pain for the first 2 months, when she was almost on bed, and resting a lot. The moment her activities started from her 60th day onwards, pain also advanced gradually. Now, her stich line has light swelling also & there are two small blue color impressions/marks just above the stich line. She sufferes pain, whenever she is doing houehold activities and does even the slightest of stressful work/ remain standing for some time. Doctor has advised her warm packs at the stich line (by the use of hot-water leather bottle) & has also given some pain killers (Zinase D). Still she is not gaining any pain relief. She is worried about any blood clots, which might have occurred internally and may lead to some complications later on. Meanwhile, doctor has also suggested to have a lower-abdomen ultrasound, if the pain still remains.
I would like to know the comments of our experts on the same and if any risks are there, at all.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 pm

User avatar Hello,
Patience may be all that is needed here. I have seen cases where cesarean incision pain has continued for a year following the surgery. Nobody knows exactly how a woman will respond to such invasive procedures. This is one reason it is never a good idea to elect a primary cesarean for convenience without seriously studying all the possible complications involved.

Having an ultrasound might show if there are any adhesions or signs of other problems that could cause pain - possibly even unrelated to the previous surgery. I would continue with the doctors recommendations and give it time to heal if nothing new is found.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here