Question: Chemical Abortion using Misoprostol

nightKnight - Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Dear All,

i will try to be straight to the piont, my girlfriend is pregnant, we made two pregnancy test, and both of them are positive. then we made an ultrasound, she is pregnant for 6 weeks to date, we are not married yet, and having a baby at this stage is not allowed in our country due to many reasons.

we asked many doctors how to do a chemical abortion, as the surgurical abortion is not safe in our country, but they couldn't confirm. we could get some help from the internet about a vaginal medicine - misoprostol (25mcg) - it's available everywhere in our country, but actually we don't know how to use it? what is the periodical? how many times? what is the one dose should be? should we use an abortion bill before using it? and according to what we have, what we can do?

on many sites i found it mention 600 mcg and 800 mcg but i actually don't know is this the total of overall doses or the one dose should be 800 ?

Appriciate your help please.
Thank you in Advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 pm

This is not my area of expertise but if I were you I would go to this website, http://www.misoprostol.org/File/guidelines.php which quotes this source for information: Weeks A & Faúndes A. Misoprostol in obstetrics and gynecology. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2007;99,S156–S159. For induced abortion to 12 weeks it advises 800 every 12 hours X 3 but notes "Ideally used 48h after mifepristone 200mg." Since it says "ideally" I assume that means it will be most likely to succeed when used this way but may be effective alone.

I hope this is helpful.

|