News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Dark pink rash on left breast, 17 weeks pregant

hug99 - Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello, I have a dark pink rash covering 1/4 of my left breast and a little on the right. My OBGYN says he's never seen this before with no symptoms and he doesn't know what it is but wants be to start on a anti-biotic used to treat mastitis. It does not itch. I have no fever, no chills. I am not breast feeding and it does not itch. It appeared one month ago and has not gone away. I don't want to take an anti-biotic and subject the baby to it if it won't help. I scared because my doctor doesn't know what it is, but is not concerned. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
I don't know what it is either but the antibiotic won't hurt the baby so I see no harm in trying it in case it is infection. There are some rashes that are of unknown causes and you may not find out the reason. Pregnancy can have differing effects on women and many of the quirky symptoms disappear with the delivery of the baby. This is probably why the doctor is not too worried.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here