News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Cramps, havey but thin bright red blood no clots?

Mobrien - Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 am

Hi,

i got my period at the start of jan (8th) then it went after 5 days.. i had my son 15 months ago and had pelvic pains while pregnant, i now still get pains sometimes when walking in pelvis. yesterday i went on a walk with my son and when i got back had cramps in my lower back, not bad just uncomfortable, i went to the toilet and noticed bright red blood on PL, just a small bit at first, however it is now alot heavier (constant flow) but very thin blood, and still very bright in colour. I'm not feeling any other pain other than the discomfort in my back. I am sexually active with my partner but not very active.. im worried what this might be but cant make it to the doctor until tomorrow. any ideas? any help at all would be fantastic...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm

User avatar Hello,
Breakthrough bleeding between periods is actually quite common. I would discuss it with your doctor of course but probably you will just need to wait it out to see if it subsides. There are many possible causes for pain, including urinary problems, colon trouble, constipation, gas, etc. Try using heat therapy on your lower back and do abdominal strengthening exercises since these muscles support the back.

I'm glad you will be seeing your doctor so he/she can rule out anything obvious that may be going on.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here