News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: irregular periods and pregnancy

marthaluis2009 - Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Doctor,
I m 29 yrs old, 50 kg and have irregular periods ( around 90 days cycle). My blood test and pelvis ultrasound shows nothing unusual. I am planning for a baby. Please let me know the chances of pregnancy ; the most appropriate time for intercourse.. do I have more than 1 ovulation during the course of 3 months. Plaese advice

regards
Martha
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Chances are you are not ovulating every month and you may wish to use an ovulation predictor kit to monitor your basal body temperature which can help you determine your ovulation. However, if you try for a few months, having regular sexual intercourse and do not become pregnant, you may want to see your doctor for an evaluation of your hormone levels. You could be a candidate for an ovulation stimulation medication such as Clomid.

It is also ideal if you have a preconception visit with a gynecologist to be sure everything is OK with your health overall. You could discuss your concerns and the doctor may have suggestions to help you in your efforts.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here