Question: i have 2 uterus and im pregnant.

agabbieo92 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 am

i have 2 uterus and im 10 pregnant. i am 16. i weigh 163 and im 5'6.i went to the emergency room last night because i was bleeding heavliy.they did a sonagram and told me i had 2 uterus. So my question for you is can i carry my baby to full term?if not what are the risks?what is the percentage i will carry to full term?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 pm

This is a disorder which may or may not result in problems. Many women have had normal, healthy pregnancies without even being aware of this malformation of their uterus. In other cases, miscarriage or infertility issues bring the problem to the forefront and the uterus shape is assumed to be the cause.

There is less room in there so the potential exists for a preterm delivery if there isn't enough room for the baby to grow to term. Because of this, and given your age, your pregnancy will probably be deemed high risk and you should get early and comprehensive prenatal care with an obstetrician or teen pregnancy clinic which will address your special needs.

|