News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Hemorrhage after first birth, worried about second!

emilee0521 - Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 am

Hi, i had my daughter in 2006. i hemorrhage after birth, my Hemoglobin dropped to 62, and i had to have 2 blood transfusions. my daughters delivery doctor told me he doubted that they would allow me to have another natural birth and my family doctor agreed. i am now 7 and a half months pregnant. i was sent to a surgeon, so he can deliever the baby, he wants me to try natural birth. is this wrong? should i demand c-section? They did not know the cause of my hemorrhage, they do how ever know that it was not from left over placenta. i didnt only bleed alot, i passed blood clots the size of a large grapefruit and had to have it manual removed! very painful. my new doctor will not listen to my concerns, hes blowing it off like it wasnt a big deal. what should i do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 pm

User avatar Hello,
Cesarean section deliveries come with risks of their own and are no solution for hemorrhage. I would agree with your current doctor based on the limited information here. Knowing your history will help them to be prepared this time for the possible eventuality. I'm sure they will monitor your clotting factors and observe you closely at delivery and in the postpartum recovery period. Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen products to help prevent interference in that way.

The advantages to mother and baby of a normal, vaginal birth far outweight the risks here.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here