Question: what ovarian problems are diagnosed with laproscopy

wizkiz - Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 pm

My doctor rsuspected i have ovarian so i was sent for an ultrasound this came back normal but now my doctor has referred me for a laproscopy to examine my ovarys, is it possible that i have ovarian cysts that did not show up on ultrasound? what other ovarian conditions could the doctor be looking for?
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 pm

It would be helpful if you say why you origanally went to the doctor. Was it because of pain that the doctor suspected that you may have a cyst. If you have pain and very difficult periods the doctor may want to see if you have endometriosis. The tissue that lines the uterus is endometiral tissue, sometimes there can be some of this tissue outside the uterus where it doesn't belong and can cause pain. The implants of endometrial tissue do not show up on any tests and can only be diagnosed with a surgical procedure called a laparoscopy. A laparoscopy is a direct look into the abdomen and pelvis with minimal recovery time. Have you any other questions?
please keep us posted.
 wizkiz - Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi, i wnet to the doctor originally because of abdominal pain, which is mostly achey in nature and occurs mostly across my lower stomach, also my stomach has been really bloated, do these symptoms suggesst anything gynaelogical? my periods stopped for five months but have since been regular thanks.

|