News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: interpreting a pathology report, "fat necrosis"

problems101 - Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi

Thanks for your help. I have left side pelvic pain. I had laparoscopy looking for endo. it says pelvic side wall, right biopsy: fat necrosis.

When a report says "right" Is that my right? or the doctor facing me's right?

I looked up the term necrosis & it means dead tissue. Would that make a person feel numb?

thanks
Diane
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Diane,
It would be of greater help if you posted the entire dictation for help with understanding it's meaning. If something is taken out of context it can have another meaning. However, with what you have said. Right means your right.
Necrosis of tissue is probably becuase of lack of adequate blood supply to the tissue. Numbness can have different causes, but if circulation is compromised it could very well be that that is affecting the nerves in the area and making it numb.
Sometimes after a laparoscopy there can be some numbness that can accompany the normal pain after surgery. If numbness persists, please see your doctor.
I hope this helps.
peace,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here