Question: interpreting a pathology report, "fat necrosis"

problems101 - Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi

Thanks for your help. I have left side pelvic pain. I had laparoscopy looking for endo. it says pelvic side wall, right biopsy: fat necrosis.

When a report says "right" Is that my right? or the doctor facing me's right?

I looked up the term necrosis & it means dead tissue. Would that make a person feel numb?

thanks
Diane
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Diane,
It would be of greater help if you posted the entire dictation for help with understanding it's meaning. If something is taken out of context it can have another meaning. However, with what you have said. Right means your right.
Necrosis of tissue is probably becuase of lack of adequate blood supply to the tissue. Numbness can have different causes, but if circulation is compromised it could very well be that that is affecting the nerves in the area and making it numb.
Sometimes after a laparoscopy there can be some numbness that can accompany the normal pain after surgery. If numbness persists, please see your doctor.
I hope this helps.
peace,

|