News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Who would the father be?

sublime54470 - Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 pm

My last period was on feb. 14th 2009 after which I was involved with two diffrent men, one on feb 20th-25th and the other on march 9th. It has been 46 days sence my last period and I have taken 3 test all of which were negative. I have been told that there is still a chance I could be pregnant, what are the odds of this? If I am which of the two guys would it be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is impossible to say when and if you have become pregnant. The three negative tests certainly imply you are not. You may just be late with your period or have missed one altogether - a common event. The only time you can really predict ovulation is when you have very regular periods or have been monitoring your basal body temperature or secretions to determine your ovulation pattern. Without this information, either man could potentially be the father of a child you conceived since your February period.

I would recommend a blood test if you are truly concerned you might be pregnant but not having it show up on the home pregnancy test. You can get this done at a doctor's office. Otherwise, repeat the home test if you continue to lack a period.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here