Question: Who would the father be?

sublime54470 - Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 pm

My last period was on feb. 14th 2009 after which I was involved with two diffrent men, one on feb 20th-25th and the other on march 9th. It has been 46 days sence my last period and I have taken 3 test all of which were negative. I have been told that there is still a chance I could be pregnant, what are the odds of this? If I am which of the two guys would it be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:14 pm

It is impossible to say when and if you have become pregnant. The three negative tests certainly imply you are not. You may just be late with your period or have missed one altogether - a common event. The only time you can really predict ovulation is when you have very regular periods or have been monitoring your basal body temperature or secretions to determine your ovulation pattern. Without this information, either man could potentially be the father of a child you conceived since your February period.

I would recommend a blood test if you are truly concerned you might be pregnant but not having it show up on the home pregnancy test. You can get this done at a doctor's office. Otherwise, repeat the home test if you continue to lack a period.

|