News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: HPT is +ve but bleeding started

arcosd - Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 pm

HI MY AGE IS 27, MY LAST NORMAL PERIODS WERE ON 25TH FEB WHICH LASTED FOR 4-5 DAYS, I TOOK 2 HPT ON 24TH AND 25TH WHICH SHOWED +VE BUT WITH A FAINT LINE BUT YESTERDAY 1ST APRIL BROWNISH DISCHARGE STARTED FOLLOWING BY BLEEDING WITHOUT CLOTS TODAY BEING THE 2ND DAY ITS NOT WITH A HEAVY FLOW, I don't HAVE ANY DRS NEARBY TO CONSULT CAN YOU PLEASE HELP IF I AM PREGNANT OR NOT
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:41 pm

User avatar Hello,
You could actually go either way. Sometimes in early pregnancy you have some bleeding. Old blood (dark) is nothing to be alarmed about. It is estimated that somewhere between 20 and 35% of all pregnancies result in miscarriage (sometimes before you even suspect pregnancy) so it's a waiting game pretty much. There's not much you can do except repeat the pregnancy test after a week if you still haven't had a normal period. It is possible to get a false negative but typically a positive is reliable. But, make sure you follow the directions on the HPT exactly, including the time of reading for best results.

Good luck.
 arcosd - Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:05 am

thanks for ur reply debbie, well my periods lasted for 4 days and the flow was not normal well earlier I was feeling like preg but after my periods I am not feeling like earlier my breats had become big and even soft or tender but nothing as such now......I become irritated a lot on many things, can you please help me when you are planning a family that time does ur belly becomes big? cos my belly has become big.........and I have been trying to concieve since nov 2008 can you give me any tips to get pregnant im eagerly waiting to get preg.........waiting for ur reply

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here