News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: chronic left side pain

annetteschleicher - Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:52 pm

I am a 29 year old female. For the past 4 months I have been experiencing left side pain. It tends to localize below my ribs and around the side to my back. Sometimes I feel like there is a needle stuck in my abdomin about an inch to the left of my belly button. The pain seems to be tolerable throughout the day, and then at night it is most acute. I get constant stabbing pains. Sometimes my skin is sensitive to touch, almost like a rope-burn type sensation. It is completely localized to the left side. The pain does not change or seem affected by what I eat or by my bowel movements. I also have some sort or mass that pops when I apply pressure to the top of my left ribcage. For the first two and a half months I had daily diarrhea. I have had an abdominal and pelvic CT, a CT Urogram, multiple blood tests, stool tests, urine tests, and most recently a Colonoscopy. Every test has come back normal except for one blood test. I was told my white blood cell count was elevated and asked to repeat it...haven't done yet. I have been to a Gastroenterologist. I feel like I have had every test done with no results, and I am still in a great deal of pain. The last thing I was told was to see my Gynocologist. I had a check up a year ago and everything was normal. I feel like I am just being handed off. I am about to give up hope. When will I get any answers. Any help would be appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:13 pm

User avatar Please refer to this thread where the topic is being handled.
Thanks.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here