News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Varivax and pregnancy question

choco79 - Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello doc,

I am a 29 yr old female. I had to take the first shot of varicella and then I came to know that I cannot conceive for 3 months after the booster shot. I am not planning to take the booster shot theen when can I conceive? How long should I wait to conceive?I am planning to have a baby soon If so, will the first shot affect my baby badly? Kindly give me your opinion.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Because it is not known exactly what possible damage could result from having the vaccine near conception it is recommended you wait three months from the time you receive the vaccine to become pregnant. This should be adequate.

Best wishes.
 choco79 - Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am not actually planning to take the second shot ( which i am supposed to take 1 month after the first one). In that case how long should I wait to get pregnant? Is 1 month enough?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here