Question: Varivax and pregnancy question

choco79 - Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello doc,

I am a 29 yr old female. I had to take the first shot of varicella and then I came to know that I cannot conceive for 3 months after the booster shot. I am not planning to take the booster shot theen when can I conceive? How long should I wait to conceive?I am planning to have a baby soon If so, will the first shot affect my baby badly? Kindly give me your opinion.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Because it is not known exactly what possible damage could result from having the vaccine near conception it is recommended you wait three months from the time you receive the vaccine to become pregnant. This should be adequate.

choco79 - Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am not actually planning to take the second shot ( which i am supposed to take 1 month after the first one). In that case how long should I wait to get pregnant? Is 1 month enough?

|