News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal stretching after pregnancy

slightlyconcerned - Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:22 am

Hi i;m 29 years old and had a baby just about two years ago. I had a natural delivery, and there was some ripping that had occured. The docotor stitched my vagina back to normal(if thats possible after giving birth lol). Now how long should this last.....I thought it would be good til i had another child but my vagina was tight up until about a month ago then poof not so much anymore. Is this normal, was there somehting i could have done to prevent this? Thanks slightlyconcerned
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 am

User avatar Hello,
I do not know of anything you might have done to prevent changes of this sort. The vagina has an amazing ability to stretch and resume its normal shape and size. It is not typical for you to have a temporary period following repair of the tearing that sometimes occurs in childbirth so I doubt this is what is actually happening.

If you feel something is out of order, you should have an exam by a gynecologist. I'm not sure what type of symptoms you are having that lead you to this conclusion but this is not a typical complaint and the repairs made are not of a temporary nature. Your body is able to heal completely following delivery, as can be attested by millions of women.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here