Question: MICROPERFORATE HYMEN

samanthag - Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 am

Hi, i am a 17 year old girl and i have not been involved in any sexual activity and therefore still a virgin.

I have been looking at pictures of hymens and i noticed mine is different to the normal hymen image that i always find on the net.

My hymen has a very, very small opening the size a bit bigger than a pin head, which is located in the bottom of my hymen as i researched i found out that i may have a microperforate hymen.

I am scared that i may have a very bad sexual intercourse experience and im not sure what i can do as my pinky is impossible to insert and it feels veeery uncomfortable and wont even try to push it in because i know the pain is going to be bad. I don't know who to consult and not sure about the possible surgery that may fix this.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Is your period normal, with bleeding? Have you ever tried to use a tampon? Sometimes inserting is possible but the woman may have trouble removing it later. If you have not used tampons, you may want to try this with a small size, designed for young girls. If you find this uncomfortable, you should consult with your doctor in a routine physical exam.

If the doctor finds your hymen to be mostly closed, it is a minor procedure that is done to open it, but this is not immediately necessary if it is not causing you menstrual problems such as amenorrhea or pelvic pain, indicating a backup of blood. You can see what the doctor thinks and only get the procedure if you are about to get married or planning on engaging in sex. In that case, you would want to plan a few weeks to heal after the surgery. If you need it, it is an outpatient procedure which is sometimes followed by mild cramping and a little bleeding but discomfort is more the word than "pain."

4-5% of young women experience this, so it's fairly common.

samanthag - Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 am

yeh my periods are very regular, and the bleeding is fine and lasts me 5 days, but like i said i cant even put a pinky in therefore a tampon would be impossible actually i just noticed i have another small opening on top of the other small opening its kind of bigger than the other one, but i am still not able to insert my pinky in, its just to small its shaped more like a half moon but in a tiny version.

Is there any other way that it can be stretched without all this discomfort instead of surgery and also if i do end up having sex can he break it for me easily?

thanks so much for your help...
 samanthag - Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 am

I really need help in this one please...i noticed i have 2 other really tiny holes in my hymen but the blood from my periods only seems to flow from the tiny hole in the middle....

whats wrong with me?? i tryed stretching it but my pniky wont go through and it hurts!

Please your help would be appreciated...

|