Question: Dumb Question?

VanenaRodz85 - Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:07 am

I have recently been advised by some sexual active friends that I should masturbate.
The problem here for me is that I've been sheltered my entire life and I have no idea what she's talking about. I've asked what good would it do me, only to get the response: "You'll have an orgasm!" And obviously I don't know what that is either. :oops:
I know it sounds like I am totally out of the loop here, but I wanted real explanations from people that know what they are talking about. :?
Basic Information on me: I'm 19, a female, and not sexual active. (and not planning on it until I'm married.) :wink:
Thanks for an info on this topic!
~Nena~
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:16 pm

User avatar Hi VanenaRodz85,
Let me first begin by saying that there are no dumb questions. If you have not been sexually active and aren't planning on it until your married then good for you. It sounds to me that you are a leader and use your own judgement rather than being a follower. Now to explain masterbation. This is the stimulation of ones own genital organs to achieve a pleasurable, erotic sensation without actually having intercourse. An orgasm occurs with heightened sexual arousal and excitement with the contraction of your vaginal wall muscles that results in a sense or form of gratification. There are of course some adult websites that you could visit that may be more explicit. That's about the best way that I can explain it. Remember, it's not necessary to masturbate just because your friends say you should. That is a decision that you should make yourself. If it's not a practice that you feel comfortable with, don't do it. I hope this was somewhat helpful.
 VanenaRodz85 - Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:57 am

Thank you soooooooo much for taking the time to answer my questions!

I don't think there will be a need to look for more explict material.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks again,
~Nena~

|