Question: My tubes tide and his vascetomy didn't stop my pregnancy

Help_Me101 - Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:00 pm

My boyfriend and I have been together for just about two years now, we are in a loving commited relationship. 6 years ago I gave birth to my second child and 8 weeks later I had my tubal ligation procedure ( the cut and burn not the tie). 5 or 6 years ago my boyfriend had a vascetomy. With both of us having these procedures done still did not stop me from getting pregnant about a month and a half ago. I lost the baby. My question is how was this even possible and what are the chances of it happening again?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 pm

There is a percentage of failures in these procedures but it does seem very unusual that both of you would have this problem.

Did your boyfriend have the follow up sperm count test to be sure his vasectomy was complete? He should definitely do so now either way.

I assume you had a positive pregnancy test and are absolutely sure you suffered a miscarriage. We don't know why sometimes tubes are able to grow back together. It's kind of ironic when so many women can't become pregnant and others do in spite of such serious measures to prevent it.

You should consult with your doctor at this point. He may want to do studies to determine what is going on with you and counsel you on your next move from here.

|