News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Artificial or Real Insemination

baby2009ontheway - Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 am

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and we finally did it. On October 29th we did artificial insemination, but then I had a period from November 9th-13th, seemed like a normal period, so I assumed the insem didn't take. My husband and I kept trying using ovulation predictors and had sex on November 23rd. I didn't get a positive test until Dec 10th. The Dr's office went by my last missed period and determined I am approximately 22 weeks now. The measurements say I'm only about 20 1/2 weeks. So, all this said, you can see why I am so confused. I am wondering now, could I be any further along? Was it the artificial insem or the real thing? If it were the artificial insem that would make me about 26 weeks. Is it possible for the baby to just be small? Or is it more likely that me and my husband being together that got me pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 pm

User avatar Hello,
Of course the baby could be small but dating by ultrasound is usually accurate within two weeks so is is highly unlikely you would be 26 weeks along. I see no reason you might not have become pregnant with direct intercourse so if I were to guess I would say this was the case.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here