Question: burning, cottage cheese, and excessive mucous like discharge

mefor09 - Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm

First a little related background - I am 3 weeks shy of 18, I have been with my current partner for about a year and 4 months, we have both been given general STD tests (last year) and were clean at the time, as far as I know we have both been completely monogamous our whole relationship, I am on seasonale (have been for about a year) and we don't use condoms anymore

At about 5 or 6pm on Wednesday we had sex and there was no pain during, but it was very painful for me after. I'm not sure what kind of pain to call it, probably a burning and I was very sensitive in my entire groin area to the point of pain just from my clothes being there. I always pee right after and that did not increase the pain. The burning lasted for hours. Pressure sort of made it better and walking or moving made it a lot worse.

When I woke up Thursday I felt fine. The second time I went to the bathroom that day at about noon though there was a lot of cottage cheese type discharge in my underwear and when I sat down long, thick strings of cloudy mucous like discharge just started flowing out of me, I don't say dripping because it was more than a period flow would be. In total I would estimate there was about two spoonfuls of it or a little more. After this there was just a little over an average amount of discharge for me all day. I noticed I was a little more sensitive, but not a really painful amount.

All I can think (and hope) is that this was some of the lube we used finally coming out of me. We used something water based if that matters to my theory. The only thing about that is I would have expected it to come out a lot sooner than noon the next day.

I have a regular appointment with my doctor scheduled for next week so I figured I could wait, but I'm a little worried and am wondering if this is even worth asking about. What might this be?

It may also help to know that my period ended monday of this week.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Women normally have varying types of discharge. It usually changes with your cycle, ovulation, etc. But, the "cottage cheese" and burning sounds suspicious for a yeast infection - common in women and often aggravated with sexual activity. This is easily treated so your doctor will probably recommend an antifungal cream.

|