Question: Depo Provera/Pregnancy or side effects?

nicygrl - Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 am

Hi, I just began the Depo Provera shot on April 10th, and had unprotected sex that following weekend. I know that I was supposed to wait longer than a day, and I took the Plan B pills following the weekend, according to the directions.

This past week, I have been feeling slightly nauseated, bloated and have been having some mild mood swings.

Are these just "side effects" of all of the hormones I had this past weekend (depo and Plan B) or how likely is it that I am pregnant? I am 24 (25 in August) and I am due for my next period around the 25th (it has never been completely regular).

How soon can I take a pregnancy test, and how accurate would it be with the hormones I have had this weekend?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:45 pm

I would suspect just hormonal changes related to those you took along with the Depo. Since you took plan B I would not suspect pregnancy even though there is always a very slim risk. You could take the test a couple of weeks after you had sex and the hormones should not affect it. Take as directed and if negative but still worried, repeat a week later.

|