Question: Negative Urine Test, First Time Spotting,Pregnancy Symptoms

LadyKira - Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Oct 6 was my last day of period cycle, Oct. 20 was the last day I had unprotected sex. Well for the past few months I've been nauseaed like my sense of smell has increased. I have headaches that come out of no where, lower backaches, I eat a whole lot more, and have had adnominal pain going on, and Feb 7 (that night) and Feb 8( early morning I had a ticklish butterfly gas type feeling different from well actual passing gas. and later on it turn to light little kicks or hits in my belly. I have to pee more often then not now, I've actually gain weight from my set point 135 to swinging between 147&150. And it's all in the belly, hips and butt. I still get periods or rather light bleeding going on. The strange thing about this is, my cycle days are getting shorter and my "periods" are getting lighter, and I've started spotting, and getting brown blood and my cycles don't normally do that. I went to the clinic to test for pregnancy and the nurse did a urine test and it came back Neg, but after I explain my symptoms of whats been going on for the past couple of months, I was told to talk to a OBGYN since she says she wasn't train to do or go beyond urine tests. So I just want to know what's going on. Am I pregnant and the HCG levels werent high enough or showing or am I going through something abnormal???
I need help, if need any more information, I will be happy to give. I really need some help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 am

It sounds like a trip to the gynecologist can't hurt. You may not be pregnant but a blood test would definitely pick up the HCG levels if you are. If not, you can get a routine exam with pap smear and that is a good idea under any circumstances if you are due for one. The symptoms you describe can fit any number of conditions from gastric system to the psychological - this can be very powerful and once you start considering pregnancy, you begin to notice subtle "signs" of pregnancy.

There are cases where women did not know they were pregnant and delivered a baby, but in these cases they were not evaluated by a physician. I would recommend this.

|