Question: Can Norethisterone 5mg and Noriday be taken together?

billie80 - Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi

For an upcoming holiday I have been prescribed Norethisterone 5mg, one tablet three times a day, to postpone my period until my return. My current contraception is Noriday 350 microgram, one a day. Can I continue to take the Noriday as normal? If so, will I still be protected from pregnancy?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm

I assume your doctor was aware of the contraceptive you were on when this Norithesterone was prescribed. Doctors are always happy to clarify the instructions for medication use and they know it can be confusing and overwhelming at times.

Since the mini pill, like Noriday, is not typically used to delay a period, it sounds like the doctor is treating you the same as someone not taking the pill so when your period would have started at the end of the pack, you would then take the norithesterone to delay the period.

Often women taking a combination birth control pill can just continue those without a break to delay a period.

Enjoy your holiday

|