News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Is it possible that Pre Cum can make me pregnant?

twiffany_amber - Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:15 am

Hi my name's Amber...23 yrs old. I've been waiting for my menstrual period to come out usually during the last week of the month. I forgot the last day or the first day I had during the month of March. I had sex last April 6th without protection. Then I had sex again on the 16th, no protection again. But the guy didn't cum inside me. He rubbed his cock then orgasm came out. He tried to put his cock in me but about 5 mins. only or less. So, is it possible that I can get pregnant if the guy had pre cum since it was his first time sex experience? If I'm pregnant, what should I do to abstain my pregnancy? I don't want to have a baby yet! Please help. Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat May 02, 2009 6:21 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible to become pregnant from the pre-ejaculate since it can contain sperm. The likelihood is not great, but this is not considered a reliable form of birth control.

At this point, you should take a pregnancy test. It should be quite reliable now. It would also be too late for plan B emergency contraception. It is recommended you use that within the first 72 hours following intercourse.

If you are pregnant now, your only option would be abortion, keeping the baby or carrying and adopting it out. You would need to see your health care provider if you want information about abortion options.

Try to find a reliable birth control method you and your boyfriend can both be comfortable for the future so you won't have to worry about an unwanted pregnancy.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here