Question: Blocked tubes with and an uterine fibroid, scared.

Funke - Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 pm

I had a HSG on my own just to check how I'm doing since I've been having problems getting pregnant. The result of course is scary. I was told my left tube is not demonstrated and the right blocked at the mouth, close to the ovary, and also that there is a mass somewhere in my uterus suggestive to be a fibroid.
I learnt I can open the tubes by some process called flushing or I have to be opened for it to be done and also that I will have to remove the fibroid tho it is not big. But I'm scared the removal might prevent me from having kids of my own and please I need your advice on the tubal opening thing. I'm 32 years and would like to start a family of my own.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 pm

This procedure has a high success rate in opening the tubes and many women are able to become pregnant who could not before. The procedure itself should not interfere with your ability to have a child. There is no guarantee, of course, but you really have nothing to lose by following your doctor's recommendation for correcting the condition that is causing the blockage.

Good luck in your efforts to conceive.
 Funke - Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 am

Thank you so so much. Your reply came in when I needed it most. I will be going in
for some medical "i don't understand" procedure today. Will keep you posted and thank you for your best wishes.

|