Question: sex on period,miss period,5 (-) test. Pregnant/Disease?

shoutto_me - Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 am

I had a sexual intercourse with my girlfriend on 27 Feb 2009. She was on her second days of period, that mean she start her first day of period on 26 Feb 2009 and undergo the menstrual cycle phase until 3 March 2009. I use male latex condom all the time of the sexual intercourse. But it is weird that her period doesn't come after 2 month.

On 26 and 27 of March, she do a pregnancy test by using home pregnancy test. She made a third pregnancy test on 12 April and the fourth pregnancy test on 13 April. The last pregnancy test was done on 20 April 2009. All five pregnancy test made shown negative results. I'm, of course she also panic with this problem and she use no birth control before this until now.

So can you please explain and give us some advice regarding this problem such as if she in pregnancy or is it an ectopic pregnancy or is it a disease.
Please help us doctor.

Fact about her:
1. Irregular menstrual cycle (average 5 days).
2. Maximum distance between 2 phases of menstrual cycle is 45 days.
3. Age is 21 years old.
3. Doesn't have any genetic disease, HIV or all types of Hepatitis.
4. Doesn't take any medication before, on and after sexual intercourse.
5. Doesn't have sexual intercourse since June 2007 because of abroad study and loyal to me.
6. No birth control.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 pm

It is not uncommon for women to miss periods without any real cause except hormonal fluctuation. Not every woman ovulates every month and so the body does not respond to the cycle as might be expected if they did this with total regularity. The condoms are very reliable when used consistently and correctly without breakage and the chances of ovulating and conceiving while having a period is also unlikely. The two pieces together (along with negative testing) would be very reassuring that she is not pregnant. Missing the period alone does not imply any kind of disease or pathology. Try not to worry - if she does, there can also be an emotional basis for the missed period.

I suspect this will resolve on its own soon. There are medications that can be given to cause the period to start but it is not necessary to have regular periods in order to be healthy.

|