Question: Menstrual cycle and the morning after pill

Nichole03 - Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:28 pm

I took the moring after pill the 17th or 18th of April. Since then I have experienced diarehha, and now constipation. When I now try to use the restroom I have difficulty. I have been having a light brown discharge for a few days. I know that the pill is connected to some ectopic pregnancies, and I have this little pain in the left side of my hip it gets more notticable day after day...the cervix maybe? its inside(the pain)....I was wondering if the morning after pill can affect my menstural cycle? making is come earlier? brown discharge? My periods are usually irregular anyway coming a few days even a week befor or after it is "schedhuled". I am supposed to have my next period sometime around the 9th of may. I will take a pregnancy test, soon just to see....please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Plan B can definitely affect your periods. It is strong hormonal medicine and some women notice the effects for a few months. Brown discharge simply means older blood and is nothing to worry about. The pain may be just some cramping, also related to hormones. Of course the pregnancy test will reassure you but this method is pretty reliable when taken soon after having sex.

|