Question: Could I be Preggy-3months late Neg blood/urine test?

soon2bemommy09 - Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 pm

So here is what is going on with me, and please bear with me as it may be a bit long.

My last cycle AF was 2/14/2009. It lasted the usual 6-7 days, heavy with cramping. Around March 13/14 I spotted for three days. I know that this was not AF because after having a regular AF for years since my teen years, and having it always be heavy with no symptoms other than cramps, I pretty much know my cycle at this point. I never spot, to me, there is no such thing as spotting, lol. My AF is heavy to moderate from beginning to end.

My husband and I have unprotected sex, basically everyday, if not once then twice a day, and he always ejaculates inside. So the risk for pregnancy is there! lol.

Now from February till now, we are 75 days since my last AF. The symptoms I have been having are food cravings, food aversions, mood swings, increase in hormones, increase in sex drive, increase in body temperature, morning sickness, breast sensitivity and enlargement, bloating, gas,fatigue,increase in the ability to smell things, and headaches.

I've taken a multitude of hpt and they all said negative. And from previous blood work done in February I do not have any issues with thyroids, cysts, etc or anything that can cause a missed cycle.

When I went to the clinic Tuesday, they gave me another urine test and came out negative. After I told the doctor there of all my symptoms and the absence of AF for 74 days, she says that it is "normal". I may not be a doctor, but I find nothing about missing AF for almost three months plus my symptoms above normal. I was under the impression that I would be having my annual exam at the same time, but they said no. So for now I am done with the clinic.

She sent me out to get bloodwork, among other tests. I was told that the blood test was negative. When I asked her for an explanation explaining why my cycle has not been here for 75 days and to explain my symptoms, she said once again that it is normal. I'm sorry, but I do not find none of this normal. Especially being that my cycle has been normal since my teen years.

Now here is where everything gets all wonky. My sister/mother/cousins have all been pregnant for weeks (we are talking about 8-12 weeks) before confirming pregnancy with a blood test/ultrasound. All of their hpt with urine came back negative. I have had friends who have told me of the same thing happening to them and their friends. I've been scouring the internet for similar stories, and it appears that there are other women who have been pregnant, but hpt were negative as well as blood test

I even spoke to a ob/gyn and she told me that it is possible for women to be pregnant, but not have it show up on a HPT. It appears that although pregnant, some women just don't register hCG on a hpt.

What I want to know is have any of you ladies experienced this? I just want to make sure I am not going crazy. I need support, my husband and I will be extremely happy if I am pregnant, and even though we were not ttc I will still be heartbroken.

It feels like I am pregnant, I was in denial at first, but I believe it now, thanks to the morning talks with the cold porcelain of my toilet comforting me because of my morning sickness, and the increase in sex drive, and the fact that my husband and many other men I know saying that they can "smell" my pregnancy. I was told that some women want to be pregnant so bad that they trick themselves into pregnancy. But I only accepted the fact that I could be pregnant about a week ago, and I have been having these symptoms way before that but was in denial.

Have any of you experienced something similar? Did a sonogram show a baby? Did any of you have negative pregnancy test/blood test but you were still pregnant.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 am

I would schedule an appointment with a gynecologist who has the capability of doing an early ultrasound exam. There are other subtle signs evident with an internal vaginal exam. If you see a doctor, you should be able to confirm or rule out pregnancy at that time. Meanwhile, if you are having unprotected sex you should definitely be taking a multivitamin as this is most beneficial in reducing birth defects when taken in the earliest days of pregnancy.

baby0410 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:18 am

I have had something similar to that and now that you gave me that information, i think i just might be pregnant.. ive taken like 3 urine tests at home and all come out negative but my body feels different. My nipple has become sensitive maybe not much but it had never happened. I have about a month that i havent gotten my pd and it is weird because i have an almost accurate cycle
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Pregnancy is always a possibility, but the consistent negative testing makes it seem very unlikely. There are some women who do not produce enough hcg early on to show up in tests. If you continue to miss periods you should see your healthcare provider to determine if you are pregnant (by blood test) or if something else is going on to cause your missed periods. But, be assured that missed periods are almost never serious aside from pregnancy.

|