Question: Can You get pregnant with foreplay?

Nella - Sun May 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Good day.

This might sound like a 'really stupid' question, and i am sorry if i am wasting your time?
I cannot seem to find any 'real' proven, literature on the internet about safe foreplay.

What i want to know is, if you have foreplay without any penetration, (with clothes on- and genitals touching). is there any possibility to fall pregnant?
could you direct me to literature where i can learn more?

My partner and i are together for 4 years, and we believe in no sex before marriage. But we feel that now and then foreplay is normal and we hope it to be safe.
I would just like to have the necessary information so that I can be sure of safe foreplay.

Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much
NElla
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

As long as you continue to keep the clothes on, pregnancy will not happen. Semen with sperm must be deposited in the vagina where it must swim to the cervix and meet up with an egg during the time of ovulation.

Danger comes if your "foreplay" includes penetration of the penis in the vagina.

|