News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: peritubal adhesion and chances for natural pregnancy

mino - Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 am

hi, i'm 30 years old, married 2 and half years ago and had no sex life before.We used the safe period for contraception the first 1 & 1/2 years, have been trying since then(almost six months).My doc asked me for a hormonal profile at first which showed i have a low progesteron, so he suggested clomid, took it for 6 months(50 mg a day, on the 3rd day of the period and for 5 days), and chorimon injection for 3 months but no chance.Then he asked me to do a hystrosalpingography which showed everything was alright but there was a "mild left sided peritubal adhesion", the doctor now is advicing me to have the artificial insemination.Do i have no chance to be naturaly pregnant?If not, is there a way to remove this adhesion?And will it be effective or will i go for the artificial insamination better?I trust my doc but i need a second opinion,it all happened so fast as soon as we decided to have a baby, so i'm a little worried to find out all of this.Please advise me.

mino
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 am

User avatar Hello,
This problem alone would not result in infertility since only one ovary and tube are needed to conceive naturally. I suspect your doctor is offering what he/she knows is available in the artificial reproductive technology arena. I'd say if there aren't other complicating factors that you could just be patient and wait a bit longer. In normal circumstances it can take up to a year to become pregnant (about 85% of those desiring it do so during that time frame).

If there are other problems besides such as sperm problems, that might push the scale toward the artificial method side.

Good luck in your efforts.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here