Question: Could this be implantation bleeding?

thenewmrs2009 - Fri May 08, 2009 4:44 pm

This is going to be long, and filled with TMI. But I just really want to know whats going on so I want to give all the details:

On march 21-April 4 we went on our honeymoon, I tried to keep the timing of when I took my birth control pills consistent, so I started taking them in the morning there (7 hours ahead in France & Italy) which was about the same time I would normally take them at bedtime here at home.
I started the next period 3 days early on Sunday April 5th instead of April 8th and it lasted all the way through until the following Sunday and was very heavy.

In the first two weeks of my active pills I missed 5 pills. Not consecutively, as I would miss a pill and take it along with the next pill the following night, so in 10 days I missed 5 pills but made up for them the next day.

On April 16th I was having intercourse with my husband and when we finished I looked down and we were both COVERED in blood. The bleeding lasted about 3 hours and didn't have any clots but was bright red.

On April 27th-May 1st I had some lower back pain on the right side just above my hip, some egg white-consistency cervical mucus, the muscles behind my breasts (not my actual breasts) became sore and tingly and I had an intermittent runny nose but I was not sick at all.

On May 3rd I had a thick blob of white discharge in my panties when I went to the bathroom, and from the way I had been feeling "off" I figured we had ovulated during that breakthrough bleeding and I was pregnant, so I didn't take my last active pill that night.

On May 4th I was all of the sudden REPULSED by food (I was starving but the idea of food made me throw up), I was extremely hot and dizzy (I was in my panties and a tank top sweating and my husband was in sweats and freezing) and every time I would bend over or stand up I would black out. I took an hpt, it was negative. That night I could not sleep despite being exhausted. I had painful, sharp cramps in my lower right side just inside of my hip. Sometimes it felt like it radiated into up to my rib cage.

On May 5th the sharp pain switched to my left side just inside my hip, still no pain in the middle, which is nothing like my regular period cramps so I just figured it was implantation and that I would get a +hpt soon. Then the cramps stopped altogether and I had some brown spotting. I had HORRIBLE gas all day long. I figured the neighbors could probably hear it, not exaggerating. When I brushed my teeth, my gums bled (this is how my mom knew when she was pregnant). I was urinating about every 30 mins or less. That night I still did not sleep. I had pressure in my abdomen (felt like someone was blowing up a balloon in there) along with muscle twitches, but no pain at all. I was still fire hot and it made me get a little panicky and shaky. I kind of felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest, but when I switched to laying on my left side it stopped. I felt weird laying on my stomach.

My period was due May 6th, and I had bright red bleeding with some *very* small clots. I put on an ultrathin pantyliner, wore the same one all day to monitor the amount, but there were only a few tiny dots. When I was using the restroom, though, I had syrupy red bleeding that would land in the bottom of the bowl and take up the space of the size of a quarter or two. I slept through the night. I still hate food. I still have to pee alot.

On May 7th I still have the syrup consistency red blood when I went to the bathroom, but nothing on my pantyliner for the whole day. Had another - hpt, using both clear blue easy digital and first response early result. I started cramping really bad, thought the bleeding was going to pick up and be my period, but it didn't and turned out to just be diarrhea. The cramps went away as soon as I finished with the one round of diarrhea.

Today (May 8th) I only have a small amount of red blood when I wipe. There is no blood in the toilet when I go to the bathroom, and just one tiny dot on my pantyliner. Normally my periods start with a big gush and continue from Wednesday until I start my pill on Sunday. I feel really dizzy and sick to my stomach today, enough that if I were to go into the bathroom I would get sick but instead I just try to lie down and relax. Had another - hpt when I took the first response early result this morning. I called my doctor and he won't see me until July without a +hpt. Could this be messed up hormones or could I be pregnant? If I still get -hpt until sunday is it safe to take my pills even if I do wind up being pregnant? I have also been monitoring my temperature since my first round of hot flashes to see if I have a fever. I don't but my normal temp is 96.something, and the day I first started getting hot it was 97, and has steadily increased until 99.1 today. Thank you for your help!!!!
 thenewmrs2009 - Mon May 11, 2009 1:00 am

I wanted to update what was going on since I haven't received a reply yet. First, I forgot to say I have been on the same pill for 6 years. Second, I'm married and we've had sex multiple times everyday for the past several months. Today is Sunday May 10th, and I still have not received a +hpt. I bought several new ones today because I was informed by my doctor when I called again that hpt tests are most accurate 7-9 days AFTER my expected period. The bleeding I was experiencing turned to extremely light brown spotting Saturday May 9th (yesterday), so light that I wouldn't have noticed it if I was not looking for it. The bleeding is completely gone today. It was not a normal period for me at all, and I have had the exact same thing every month since I have been on the pill (6yrs) so I am convinced I am pregnant....but I need to know! What should I do? I am planning on starting my new pack of pills tonight since no one will give me a straight answer as to whether I'm crazy or I'm pregnant and I don't want to mess up my cycle if I'm not pregnant. My doctor said it would be unlikely for my pills to hurt the baby if I turn out to be pregnant. How long should I wait until I take the negative tests as a definitive answer if I do not get a positive test? I have also been having extremely vivid dreams every night (takes me a while to realize it was a dream after I wake up) about a baby girl telling me and my husband that she is here, but I need to wait a week or so to know. It's driving me crazy. I have also started getting migranes, something I have never experienced before, and I'm afraid to take medicine for it until I know whether I'm pregnant because I'm soo afraid I will do damage to the baby. Please help me!!!
 thenewmrs2009 - Tue May 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm still hoping someone will answer this question...so I'm going to update it because it is getting even more ridiculous.

I went yesterday for a blood test. The doctor asked me if I would rather have quantitative or qualitative. Of course I wanted quantitative, it was well worth the extra 200 bucks to me (qualitative is only $20). So they drew blood, checked my urine and said I had a really bad bladder infection, gave me an rx and I left.

Last night I was digging through my purse to find a pen and I found the fact plus that I had used earlier yesterday (don't know how its in my purse) and its positive. I figured it was an evaporation line so I took another test (a clear blue easy) and it registered a faint positive the second a drop hit it.

This morning I had a positive ept...albeit faint. I peed on 3 more sticks...one fact plus, and 2 epts. 1 positive ept, one positive fact plus, one negative ept. All faint thin lines, but definitely not evaps because the lines showed up immediately. I was dialing my husband to give him the good news when the doctor called to say my QUALITATIVE blood test was negative. Yes, qualitative, when I specifically asked and paid for quantitative. How sensitive are the qualitative tests? What should I trust?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon May 25, 2009 1:32 am

I'm sorry you have not received answers. Sometimes they get overlooked when you add to your original post because then it shows up to us as one that received a reply, even though that reply was from you.

First off I would say you should get a refund if they did not run the full tests. But, that said, quantitative is really not necessary in determining a pregnancy. They are used in cases where there are problems such as suspected miscarriage, molar pregnancy or twins, as a way of monitoring the changes in the level over time. But to determine pregnancy you only need to know that hcg is present.

I would recommend you wait a week and take another home test. It is possible you were so early in a pregnancy that the hcg did not yet register. But, when followed exactly as directed, they are very reliable.

|