News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: too much vaginal lubrication + no more orgasm

hotmamamaria - Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 pm

hi... i am a 20 year old female and i havent achieve my orgasm lately because i think i am too lubricated... what will i do???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 12, 2009 4:44 pm

User avatar Hello,
Orgasm, especially in females, is not reliable or consistent. Many factors come into play, psychological as well as physical. Patience is the most important thing you need. Working on relationships and technique will probably help in time. I doubt it is due to the amount of lubrication. Usually it is the opposite problem - inadequate lubrication making it difficult to achieve pleasure. However, lubrication is a variable and during your cycle you may find you have more at times; less at other times. Emotional stress, ovulation, and sexual arousal all affect the amount of lubrication and discharge you experience.

In some cases, excessive vaginal discharge is a sign of infection or yeast overgrowth, especially if you notice color or odor changes, or if you feel pain, itching or other symptoms. Rarely it can be caused by a forgotten foreign object in the vagina, such as a tampon. This would be a time to have it checked by a health care professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Best wishes.
 hotmamamaria - Fri May 15, 2009 6:55 am

i feel that my sensation once stimulated by my partner has decreased... and i have noticed that i have been more lubricated than before... though there is no pain and odor i hope i can somewhat reduce the felling of too much lubricated during coitus... any advice???

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here