News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Severe PMS symptoms after 7 kids and tubal ligation

luckygurly7 - Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am

My youngest child is nearly 4 and its been that about long since my tubal. Here recently..the days prior to my period are nearly unbearable. I get flu like symtoms.like a cross between morning sickness and car sickness..way nasuated.weird body aches and pains..diarrea..chills..and sometimes real bad migrane like headaches. The symptoms ususally subside once my period begins. Although this round..Im still experiencing all those symtoms minus the bad headache. IS THIS NORMAL????
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:39 pm

User avatar Hello,
There are a number of women who report unpleasant symptoms following tubal ligation - sometimes referred to as post tubal ligation syndrome. Most women do not have trouble following the procedure but some opt for reversal to try and improve their quality of life. Hormones affect women in different ways and it is difficult to really know if there is a cause and effect here or if it is merely coincidental.

You should have an exam by a doctor to determine if there might be other causes of your symptoms. This should involve blood testing for hormones, thyroid disorder, iron levels, etc. Take with you to your appointment a good history including a diary documenting your symptoms in connection with your cycle. It will be helpful for the doctor to determine the cause of the problems.

Since you are noticing cyclic changes there is a good possibility this is hormonal but you should not make this assumption without checking out all possibilities. You should also be sure to eat well - a healthy diet can often help many unpleasant symptoms.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here