Question: Condom slipped off when pulling out

19spring - Tue May 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi. After having sex with my boyfriend, he pulled out but the condom slipped off and remained inside me. It was easy to pull out since it hadn't gone any further inside, however, sperm had spilled out. I'm nervous I could be pregnant, is there a possibility?
Please help, thank-you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Yes there is some possibility of pregnancy. To be more certain you prevent pregnancy, emergency contraception might be indicated. This is most effective when used within a few days of the "accident."

Where you were in your cycle would also have bearing on your risks since some days in the month you are likely to be fertile and other days you are likely not. The closer you were to your period, the better your odds.

If it is too late for plan B and your period is usually regular and you are late by a few days next time, you should take a pregnancy test.

|