News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Prolapse can I leave treatment till July

Quinga - Thu May 21, 2009 12:50 pm

I am on holiday in foreign country, due home 3rd July am suffering prolapse of small intestine and possibly uterus. Uncomfortable and tiring but not painful. Can I leave treatment till I see my own doctor on return from holiday
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
It would be impossible to advise you on this without knowing your particular case. Without pain, chances are you can delay treatment, but it would be advisable to get the opinion of a doctor who can assess the condition and extent of the prolapse. It is rarely an emergency procedure.

Possible complications that could occur with delay include worsening of symptoms, damage to the anal sphincter or a sore from the tissues rubbing. A more serious concern would be if the blood flow to the rectum became compromised, causing tissue damage or death of the tissue. A bowel obstruction is rare but can happen when a loop of the large intestine is pinched off blocking the intestine.

So, you should consult with a doctor, explaining your desire to wait and get all the facts for an informed decision.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here