News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Sprintec, Plan B and late period.

putyrrecordson - Fri May 22, 2009 8:02 am

I have been on Sprintec for the last 5 years. I take it religiously, and never miss it.

I had sex on the 14th (Thursday). I always like to use a backup plan (condom), but didn't.

So I went the next morning, the 15th (Friday) and took Plan B as a backup.

My period should have started this week (should have been on Tues/Wed).

On Wednesday, I started to have had a little brownish, very light discharge...but not my period.

So my period as of today is about 3 days late...

How likely is it that I'm pregnant?

How much longer should I wait to take a home pregnancy test?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 pm

User avatar Hello,
If you take the pill religiously, as you said, your chances of pregnancy are extremely slight, even without the back up condom or plan B. Adding emergency contraception would pretty much eliminate any lingering slight possibility. However, these are powerful hormones and they notoriously mess up your cycle, so don't be alarmed about no period. Take a pregnancy test if you want but I am quite confident the changes you have noticed are side effects from the hormones you took.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here