News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: can ruptured appendix damage uterus?

LuNat - Mon May 25, 2009 12:01 pm

I had one child 4 years ago now have had 2 miscarriages (first at 8 week, 2 months later another at 5.5 weeks and 2 weeks later a chemical pregnancy).
I have had my hormone levels and thyroid checked and all have come back normal.
One year ago I had laproscopic appendectomy for a ruptured appendix. They removed one fallopian tube during this surgery. I believe my appendix was ruptured for 4 days.
Could this infection caused damage to my uterus that has caused me to miscarry?
My doctor dismissed my concern but I have not had my uterus examined except by ultrasound. Should I get a more through look inside to see if there is damage?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 pm

User avatar Hello,
While a ruptured appendix can result in PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), I am not familiar with uterine damage that would affect a pregnancy from this. Unfortunately, miscarriage is quite common and in most cases we don't know the cause. It just takes a lot of luck sometimes for everything to work out right, ovulation, fertilization, implantation, and proper development. Chromosomal abnormalities come into play and sometimes the embryo does not implant properly. Chances are you will still be able to conceive and carry a child to term.

Best wishes in your efforts.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here