Question: Pregnancy chances without actual intercourse

kimiri0481 - Wed May 27, 2009 10:46 am

I had my last period on May 17. It was approximately 5 days long, ending on May 21. On May 25th me and my fiance were messing around and although he did not fully penetrate me, it was close. He did not ejaculate in me or anywhere near me. His penis may have come in contact with my vaginal opening but it never went fully in. We are trying to wait to have children until we are married in a few months so I was just wondering what the chances are of me getting pregnant from this encounter and whether or not I should take Plan B. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 am

You would not become pregnant under the circumstances you describe since it does require the deposit of sperm near the cervix for fertilization to occur I don't think you need to waste your money on plan B unless you actually did have penetration.

Jaz - Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 am

I'm kind of in the same situation too, but the difference is, my fiance actually had some semen on the outside of my vagina which I wiped off but I read somewhere that it's still possible. I'm kind of nervous as I'm late by 13 days.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 am

If it was only on the outside and you wiped it off, pregnancy would not occur. However, if you had some penetration, even without ejaculation, that is a different story. If you are late, take a home pregnancy test. These are quite reliable. Just know that periods are often late for various reasons. Stress and worry about possible pregnancy has been shown to be one of these.

linda01 - Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Hello, i am almost in the same situation; i got back with my ex boyfriend but before i did, i was messing around with a guy, we didn't have intercourse but we were touching our self, i am not sure if he had sperm in his hands when he was penetrating me with his finger, can there be a possibility of pregnancy?? I am currently late but i had actual intercourse with me now boyfriend after this incident. Please Help!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:37 am

I must reiterate that it would be extremely unlikely that you would become pregnant through touching in this way. But, having had intercourse with your boyfriend means you could become pregnant if you did not use protection. At least I would not expect there to be any paternity questions based on this scenario.

misspick - Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:02 am

my boyfriend and I were having what they call "outercourse". He had his boxers on and I had my panties on. I know I was wet and he is postive he ejaculated near my vagina. What are the chances of me gettin pregnant? We did this on Feb. 28 ( sunday), and by than I was on my 12 day into my cycle. I would really like to know because we are both VERY stressed =( Are the odds better for not gettin pregnant to those that I am? I mean can you give me a number ratio or somthin? I'm so worried! It was tuesday when i started having like a mucous showing up in my panties and i'm unsure to what that means.. we are both waiting for the week of the 17th to come to see if i have my period, but some sites say you can have a period and still be pregnant, is this true? Please help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Clothing makes pregnancy very unlikely unless the penis penetrates the vagina and that's kind of hard with both of you in underclothing. Just ejaculating outside but near the vagina would make it very difficult for sperm to reach the intended point for fertilization to occur. I think you should be able to relax on this.

|