News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: pelvic congestion and mirena coil

kezbo - Thu May 28, 2009 6:12 pm

I was diagnosed with pelvic congestion syndrome nearly 5 years ago. Ive been in alot of pain and worse when i have been on my feet alot and eases when i have rested. Some days i can hardly walk. My consultant is not much hope he has put in the mirena coil to try to ease the pain since then Ive been having really bad belly cramps, Im so tired all the time ive been getting really bad headaches, sickness loss of motivation and for the last few weeks ive been getting a really sharp pain high up near my cervix. R these symptoms due to the coil and are there any other treatments for pelvic congestion
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:05 am

User avatar Hello,
Cramping and bleeding are common side effects in the first few months with an IUD. In most women these subside after a time. So, it could be related, but nobody can really be sure since every woman responds to these devices in her own way. Of course there is also the possibility your symptoms are not caused by either the condition or the Mirena IUD; but merely coincidental. If it continues for several months you should talk to your provider.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here