Question: Previous CIN, now 3cm growth

AquarianGypsii - Sun May 31, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me some answers. In 1998 my pap smear came back showing CIN III which was frozen off and then a few months later CIN II which was cut out (cone biopsy). I've had normal pap smears since.

I’ve been experiencing bleeding between periods and after sex as well as cramping which lead me to go to my GP. She sent me for an internal ultra sound where they found, what they thought to be, a 3cm fibroid or polyp coming out of my uterus into my cervix (but not protruding out of the cervix).

I went for surgery to remove the growth last week (via hysteroscopy I think) however when I woke up my doctor said it wasn’t a fibroid and when I asked what it was, she said its been sent off to be looked at under a microscope and she won’t know until the results come back. She said they didn’t do the original surgery that was planned but removed the growth and did a D & C instead.

She said just before my surgery that I would have to see her in two weeks time and then after the surgery she said to see her in four weeks.

I’m going out of my mind with worry. Can anyone offer any incite into what this could be? If it’s not a fibroid then what else could it be. I’m guessing it wasn’t a polyp either otherwise she would have said that that’s what it was. Is it probable that this could be cancer?

Thank-you in advance for your help.

Tammy.
 Dr yasmin taha MD - Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 am

Hi Aquarian
you must relax and wait for result
no worry about any thing
every thing have solution
please contact us when the result come
wish for you healthy life

|