Question: Small Fleshy Lump In Vagina

Gabzie - Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 am

I have noticed for some while that I have a small, lump in my vagina. It's not very big, and it's right in middle in the fleshy part, - if that makes sense. Sometimes when I touch it, it feels a little comfortable and soar, but usually I don't generally feel it doing day to day activities. I'm only 15 and I'm not sexually active so I don't think its related to intercourse. I've had it for quite a while now and it's pretty much the same size as it's always been. I'm not sure if it's normal, or just a cist, or what. I'm really terrified about going to the doctors about it and having to get examined,so I thought'd I'd do my research first before I went down that route. If anyone could give me an indication as to what it might be i'd be most grateful!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm

This does sound like a cyst or polyp, both of which are benign and don't require treatment. But, it is usually recommended you get an accurate diagnosis to be certain of this. It does not sound serious.

Best wishes

|