"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: PCOS and libido and scanty periods

crisscross - Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:25 pm

I was diagnosed for PCOS 10 years back.For the last 4 years i am having periods only for 2 days and my libido is high.I am not planning to get married for another one age is 36 years.what can i do to lower my libido and for regular 4 day periods.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm not sure why you feel it is necessary to have a four day period. Women vary considerably on this and it is certainly less bothersome to have the short kind. I doubt this is related to your libido, which also varies considerably between women.

Some women find that oral contraceptives affect both libido and periods - though usually it makes the periods shorter and lighter; not longer. Some of the antidepressant medications (like the SSRIs) do have the side effect of decreasing libido so that might be another possibility if your doctor advises it along with other treatments you are on.

I don't know of other treatments but perhaps your symptoms are related to the medications you are already on. You should discuss this with your doctor since it is bothering you.

crisscross - Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:32 am