News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: missed period?

amandarose - Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Hi, I started my pill on the 8th of January (1st day of period) I then had some spotting around the 27th or so of January. This spotting was not really that light, and it lasted about 8 days. It's Feb 14th now and I still haven't gotten my period. (I was expecting it around the 6th-8th of Feb or so) Was that 8 day "period" my menstruation for the month? Am I supposed to get my period only during the placebo pills? PLEASEEEEE reply soon.
 alaaelfeky - Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:24 am

hi amandarose.... :)
You seem to be worried about your missed period. :? .. the fact that you had a "light-moderate period" at about 19 days of begining the pills should reassure you that everything is ok...what i really would like to know is whether you are still on the pills or if you have stopped them...because this will help me tell you when to expect your next period...
and i think you will need to begin your pills on the fifth or sixth day of your cycle rather than the first day... to make your cycles about 26-27 days instead of 19 - 20..

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here